“Everything Bagel” Cauliflower Rolls
- 1 head cauliflower, riced (about 3 cups)
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp organic corn meal (you can sub almond flour)
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
1/2 tsp poppy seeds
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tsp dried minced garlic
1 tbsp dried minced onion
1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400
- In a food processor, or using a hand grater, pulse/grate cauliflower until rice consistency
- In a bowl combine eggs, cauliflower rice, almond flour, coconut flour, corn meal, garlic powder, and salt
- In a separate bowl combine “everything” topping ingredients
- Lay parchment paper on a baking sheet
- Make 4 even sized balls and lay onto parchment paper
- Sprinkle “everything” topping and slightly press them into the top
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until bread-like consistency (it might be longer depending on the size you make)
- Optional: Broil on high for 3-5 minutes after baking
- Optional: For extra crisp, remove from baking sheet and do the broiling step with the buns directly on the oven rack
- Remove from baking sheet and let cool directly on a cooling rack
- Serve with your favorite sandwich ingredients
Please note: Cauliflower sizes vary. If yours is big, and it seems like it needs a little extra to make them firm, add an additional egg and tbsp of flour
Skinny Baked Cauliflower Tots
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup onion, minced
- ¼ cup bell pepper, minced (optional)
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ minced cilantro or parsley (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray or oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a nonstick cookie sheet with cooking spray or lightly grease with oil. Set aside.
- Steam cauliflower in hot water for 3-5 minutes or until nice and soft, drain and chopped with a knife or blend in the food processor ( just a few seconds.)
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of mixture in your hands and roll into small oval shaped tots.
- Place on the cookie sheet ½ inch apart and bake for about 20 minutes, turning halfway through cooking until golden.
Recipe and photo credit: GimmeDelicious
Cauliflower Crust Grilled Cheese
Makes 2 grilled cheese sandwiches
Cauliflower crust “bread” slices
1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets (should yield 3 cups of cauliflower rice)
1 free-range organic egg, lightly beaten
½ cup / 1.7 oz / 50 gr shredded mozzarella cheese
½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
⅓ cup / 3 oz / 85 gr sharp cheddar cheese, grated/shredded, room temperature
Cauliflower crust “bread” slices
Preheat oven to 450°F (220°C) and place a rack in the middle.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and liberally grease it with olive oil. Set aside.
In a food processor rice the cauliflower florets (it should be evenly chopped but not completely pulverized).
Transfer cauliflower rice (about 3 cups) to a microwave-safe dish and microwave on high for 8 minutes, until cooked.
Place the cauliflower rice in a tea towel and twist it to squeeze as much moisture as you can (I usually squeeze out over a cup of liquid). This is very important. The cauliflower rice needs to be dry, otherwise you’ll end up with mushy dough, impossible to use as slices of bread.
Transfer the cauliflower rice to a mixing bowl, add egg, mozzarella, salt, pepper and mix well.
Spread cauliflower mixture onto the lined baking sheet and shape into 4 squares.
Place in the oven and bake for about 16 minutes until golden.
Remove and let cool 10 minutes before peeling them off the parchment paper (be careful not to break them!)
Assemble cauliflower crust grilled cheese
Heat a pan over medium heat.
Butter one side of each slice of cauliflower crust bread (preferably the top part).
Place one slice of bread in the pan, buttered side down, sprinkle with the cheese and top with the remaining slice of cauliflower crust bread, buttered side up.
Turn the heat down a notch and cook until golden brown, about 2 to 4 minutes.
Gently flip and cook until golden brown on the other side, about 2 to 4 minutes.
One grilled cheese yields 374 calories, 29 grams of fat, 8 grams of carbs and 23 grams of protein.
Recipe and photo credit: The Iron You